Gender equality is one of the key challenges facing society today. The institute conducts regular gender equity promotion programs. Guest speakers from prominent field are invited to speak on the given topic which highlights the importance and contribution of women in the society. Institute has a strong ethical work culture that is based on inclusivity. It observes highest ethical standards in all its activities. Equal opportunities are provided to all individuals irrespective of gender, race, caste, colour, creed, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Its unique work culture, healthy traditions and ethos have led to enrolment of more women students and women staff. Safety, security and well-being, along with gender equity and friendly working atmosphere are the issues of prime concern to M.E.S College of Commerce.
Gender sensitivity is an inherent value in the cultural ethos of the institute and its neighboring community, as is evident by the following facilities –
(a) Safety and Security :
- Strict implementation of Anti-Ragging, Anti-Smoking and Mobile Free Campus.
- Awareness campaigns on women safety and gender sensitivity through street plays, rallies and camps by NSS and NCC student volunteers.
- Separate hostels for women with dedicated wardens.
- The Institute is the preferred destination of parents for education of their female wards as evidenced by the Stakeholder Feedback.
- Eco-friendly crèche for wards of institute staff with dedicated staff and faculty supervisors.
- Formal and informal avenues for counselling male and female students and staff for academic and other issues/problems.
- Committees are available for counselling of both male and female students.
- Grievance Redressal Committees for staff and students
(c) Common Rooms:
- common rooms have been allocated for men and women, which also facilitate meetings and discussions.