Program outcomes, program specific outcomes and course outcomes for all programs offered by the Institution :
Bachelor of Commerce is an undergraduate degree course that offers the development of a wide spectrum of managerial skills in students along with building up a strong competence in the specific area of business studies. Students pursuing this course learn about general principles of business management, and knowledge of finance, accounting, statistics, economics, marketing, etc.
On the successful accomplishment of this Programme, the following outcomes should be expected from
- The students will develop an ability to apply knowledge acquired in problem solving
- The students will be ready for employment in functional areas like Accounting, Taxation, Banking, Insurance and Corporate Law.
- Students will exhibit inclination towards pursuing professional courses such as CA/ CS/ CMA/CFA/MBA/M.Com. etc.
- Students will be able to handle computer based software in the area of Accounting.
- Ability to work in teams with enhanced communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to start entrepreneurial activities.
The M.Com. Degree programme is designed to provide the basis for developing the skills necessary to face the challenges of job market. The course structure supports the process of competency building of the students in attaining success in NET/SET and other competitive examinations that the pass outs may appear in, and it takes care of both practical and theoretical dimensions. The pass outs of the M. Com. Programme are expected to fulfill all the requirements of careers in teaching, research, industry and consultancy, apart from becoming a self-employed professional or a successful entrepreneur. The programme has a unique advantage of hands on training on computer applications in business and Accounting Information System.
At the end of the Master of Commerce Programme, graduating students will be able to:
Become successful entrepreneurs and finance professionals in the field of Banking, Insurance, Manufacturing industries and IT sectors.
Apply relevant financial tools in Manufacturing and Service operations.
Apply research technique for decision making.
Acquire Technical and decision making skills in the area of Accounting, Taxation, and Portfolio analysis.
Adapt to recent changes in Marketing, Human Resource, Taxation, Environment and investment in securities
Analyze organizational problems and generate realistic solutions based on current academic research in organizational behaviour.