DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION & SPORTS
The Department of Physical Education & Sports was created in the year 1982.
With the appointment of shri H.N. Hegde as Physical Education Director, the department was streamlined to cater to the needs of developing college.
The department of sports has always endeavored to bring the best of the sporting talents of the students. awarded prizes, Championship trophy etc at the time of Annual Social Gathering. Both Ladies and Gentlemen have been shown keen interest in sports events for all these years. Most of the students take part in one or the other sports or games. The Institution is regularly sending teams for the Inter- collegiate, District, Divisional/Zonal, Sports Meet and tournaments.
- Conducts election to students’ council in democratic way as per lingdo committee recommendations of ugc.
- Trains students in the games of their choice & interest.
- Holds selection trials in all most all reognised games.
- Organises karnatak university zonal/inter zonal leveltorurnaments
- Sends teams for inter collegiate, district, divisonal,zonal level sports meets & tournaments.
- Holds yoga camp for men & women.awards prizes, trophies
- Gives incentives
THE GAMES OFFERED
- The department offers the following games
- Volley ball for men & women
- Kabaddi for men
- Shuttle badminton for both
- Chess for both
- Throw ball
- Table tennis for both
- Ball badminton for both
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Utilisation of leisure time for recreation.
- To acquaint and imbibe the knowledge on sports
- To develop the endurance among students
- To achieve emotional integration
- To develop leadership qulaities
- To ensure organic vigor
- To neuromuscular coordination
- To develop the sportsman spirit
- To develop the social and behavioral activities.
- To develop patriotism
- Personality development.
- Playground & equipemnets relating to conncerned games
- Athletic ground of 200 mtrs track
- Cricket ground
- Throw ball (one ocurt)
- Kabaddi (one court)
- Table tennis hall
- Hall for indooor games
- Ball badminton
- Multy gym
- Volley ball (two courts)
- Shutle cock court
- Table tennis (two tables)
To improve one’s memory and to gain concentration,Yoga training programme was organized. It was centeredaround the student masses to get rid their modern days tension.
INCENTIVES TO PLAYERS/ACHIEVERS
- Prizes during the college Annual Day function.
- TA/DA to the students who represent our college in various games and sports competition in other colleges and university.
- Players provided sports kit and uniform.
- Pocket money of Rs. 500 to Rs1000/- to students, who represent Karnataka University in the Inter-University competition by the Institution.
- At the end of the every year out standing sports mans are awarded with Cups, Trophies and Cas