DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION & SPORTS
The Department of Physical Education & Sports was established in the year 1972.
The department of sports has always endeavored to bring the best of the sporting talents of the students. The department has awarded prizes, trophy etc. The students take active participation in various types of sports events.The student teams actively participate in various college level, inter collegiate level, zonal level and university level Sports Meet. Our students have brought a number of laurels by becoming the university Blues, winning champions trophy etc. More than 87 university blues have walked out from the portals of our college.
The University Blues will be graciously honoured and will be paid cash incentives and will also be offered the track suite.
- Conducts election to students’ council in democratic way as per lingdo committee recommendations of ugc.
- Trains students in the games of their choice & interest.
- Holds selection trials in all most all reognised games.
- Organises karnatak university zonal/inter zonal level tournaments.
- Sends teams for inter collegiate, district, divisonal,zonal level sports meets & tournaments.
- Holds yoga camp for men & women.awards prizes, trophies
SPORTS EVENTS CONDUCTED
- Volley ball for men & women
- Kabaddi for men
- Shuttle badminton for men & women
- Chess for men & women
- Throw ball
- Table tennis for men & women
- Ball badminton for men & women
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Utilisation of leisure time for recreation.
- To acquaint and imbibe the knowledge in sports.
- To develop the endurance among students.
- To build up mental ability.
- To develop leadership qualities.
- To neuromuscular coordination.
- To develop the sportsman spirit.
- To develop the social and behavioural activities.
- To develop patriotism.
- Personality development.
- Ensuring harmony.
- Playground & equipment
- Athletic ground of 200 mtrs track
- Cricket ground
- Throw ball (one court)
- Kabaddi (one court)
- Table tennis hall (Indoor)
- Hall for indooor games
- Ball badminton
- Volley ball (two courts)
- Shuttle badminton court
- Table tennis (two boards)
Organisation of Yoga Program to make the youngsters fit and healthy. It was centered around the student masses to get rid their modern days stress and tension.
INCENTIVES TO PLAYERS/ACHIEVERS
- Felicitation during the college Annual Day function.
- TA/DA to the students who represent our college in various games and sports.
- Players provided with sports kit and uniform.
- Cash reward to the students, who represent Karnatak University in the Inter-University competition by the Institution.
- At the end of every year, out standing sports men are awarded with Cups, Trophies and Cash.