NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (N.S.S.)
Motto : Not Me But You
Aim:``Education through community service``
N.S.S Programme Officer
National Service Scheme is a generous and value based programme for and of the youth. It is a programme for bringing into reality the dream of the father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi, that the young generation of the country should become its great citizens and participate in the nation building activity through participation in rural development.
N.S.S. aims to develop the overall personality of the students by supplementing traditional education with opportunity to involve them closely in community service. It promotes ideals of friendship, co-operation, selfless service, secularism, equality, patriotism, and national integration.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are :
• To make the volunteers understand the ground reality about the community in which they work.
• To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
• To develop among themselves, a sense of social and civic responsibility.
• To utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
• To develop competencies required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
• To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
• To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
• To practice national integration and social harmony.
Our N.S.S. unit has a sanctioned strength of 100 volunteers. It has adequate representation for SCs STs, Minorities as per university guidelines.
The unit is headed by Programme officer.
** Regular Activities: National Days’ Celebration.
** Meeting with the blood requirements of the needy, welfare of women, children, aged and disabled.
Inculcating the value system among students and accordingly Orientation of N.S.S. volunteers
The NSS Unit arranged the blood donation for a noble cause. The details are
|S.No.||Dates of Blood Donation Camps||In association with||No. of Students who donated the blood|
|1||11/01/2005||Shimoga Mid-Town Rotary International||113|
|2||19/09/2006||Shimoga Mid-Town Rotary Internationa||108|
|3||06/02/2008||Shimoga Mid-Town Rotary Internationa||94|
|4||19/02/2009||Kadave Abhudhaya Samsthe , Shripad Hegde Kadve Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital Sirsi, and Cancer Hospital Hubli||53|
|5||01/03/2012||Pandit General Hospital Sirsi and IMA Life Line Blood Bank, Sirsi|
|6||14/10/2015||M.ES COLLEGE OF COMMERCE AND IMA Life Line Blood Bank, Sirsi||47|
|7||23/03/2017||Health camp in Association with IMA, Sirsi|
Totally nine special camps and six blood donation camps in association and tie up with service organisations were held. More than 400 plus N.S.S . volunteers donated blood voluntarily.
|2011 -2012||Kolgibeas||23-02-2012 to 29-02-2012|
|2012-2013||Melin Onikere||21-02-2013 to 27-02-2013|
|2013-2014||Herur||07-02-2013 to 13-02-2014|
|2014-2015||Bakkal||24-02-2015 to 13-02-2015|
|2015-2016||Manjuguni||14- 03-2016 to 20-03-2016|
|2017-2018||Manjuguni||14-02-2018 to 20-02-2018|